Some of you may remember from my last awards show post, I only post about the gowns I like; you’ll find no “worst dressed list” here. So, here’s my assessment:
1. My WINNER of Best-Dressed is Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan. Not only is Khan currently my favorite fancy-dress-designer-guy, but I love all shades of blue, I love sparkles, I love lace, I love exotic designs, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, long sleeves and the totally covered-up look. You have to be thin to pull it off, and right now, Richie seems to be at a good weight. She looks healthy and radiant, and I adore the look and styling from head to toe.
2. I’m adoring Lucy Liu in this graphic, light blue floral patterned ball gown by Carolina Herrera. It’s perfectly on trend for what’s hot in 2013 and she looks lovely. The styling is simple and elegant, and it’s very classic to me. I love the casual side fishtail braid, the small earrings, and the fitted bodice of this dress against the front pleated, pocketed, pouf skirt (you know me and pockets. I’m the pocket girl). Easy does it wins the race.
3. Kerry Washington blew my mind in this subtly flashy confection from Miu Miu. She’s usually a cut-outs and neon type of girl, and I’m really impressed with this selection. I love Miu Miu and this dress is just so very cool. I’m loving the current barely-there covered by embellishments trend, and this dress hits that trend on the mark perfectly. It’s simple and chic – something Zuhair Murad attempts and often fails by over embellishing (see everything Jennifer Lopez or Katy Perry have ever worn of Murad’s). Also, blush tones are so very NOW.
4. Kate Hudson is usually on my best-dressed list, so this is no surprise. She absolutely dazzles in this Alexander McQueen dress. Once again, I love long sleeves and a long skirt, but this dress has a sexy middle cut out (which is so very Kate) and is edged up by typically McQueen gold embellishments at the collar and belt. It’s boho and rock star at the same time, which is, well, who Kate Hudson IS!
5. Anne Hathaway may not be one of my favorites on the red carpet in general, and I really just detest this hair cut (I know, I know, Les Mis, I GET IT), but she absolutely hits the ball out of the park in this two-piece CHANEL wonderland of winter white. I’m blinded by how gorgeous this gown is. I would have loved to see a pop of color on her somewhere (I envision an amazing, chunky, ruby cuff bracelet), but hey, let Rachel Zoe do her thing. She has an idea of who she wants Hathaway to be, so fine. (But I would have gotten that darn huge ruby cuff on her).
6. Kristen Bell is so adorable pregnant, and dressing for an awards show whilst carrying a child must be a total nightmare. All that aside, she looks amazing in this ethereal Jenny Packham gown. I have a proclivity for intricate beading work at the collar and bodice, and I love the gently gray, purple, and mauve tone of this dress, so everything is working in tune for me here. She looks happy and beautiful.
Can’t wait to read what the “professionals” have to say about this year’s Globes fashion choices. Hope you’ve enjoyed my assessment! #lucky #trends
*all photos courtesy of PopSugar