If you’re looking for typical high-end designer brands at discount prices, Fashionesta is a good destination. The selection isn’t huge, and the finds are usually out of date, but there’s always something classic that’s available at a vastly reduced price (if flashy, displayed logos are your thing, this is your website). We actually fell in love with their selection of Balmain bags, which are expensive, hard to find, and often overlooked by the handbag obsessed. This ‘Balmain Bag in Stone‘ is our favorite, although we loved the rocker black bags also. The grey suede is unexpected and easy to pair with most ensembles, and we adore the soft, distressed effect. It features gunmetal stud and zipper details and people will have no doubt who designed it, as the logo “Pierre Balmain” is stamped prominently across the front. With two top handles, a single zipper opening, and one interior pocket, it’s just enough bag to carry your essentials and so chic you may have to go to Paris just to carry it. #lucky #trends
Trend Report: Stripes and Color-blocking by jenniferastin featuring a silk dress
Roksanda Ilincic zipper dress / 3.1 Phillip Lim silk dress / Camilla and Marc striped dress / ISSA London flare dress / Preen neon dress / Camilla and Marc stripe dress / Maje jersey knit dress
Color-blocking is the trend that just won’t go away. It’s in at least one editorial photo shoot in every major fashion magazine every month, and it’s been that way for 3 or 4 years. However, it’s taking an interesting twist by slowly becoming infused with striped patterns, giving an otherwise dated and frankly boring look a fresh spin. Look for great halter neck or high-collar dresses with girlish, flared pouf skirts. #lucky #trends #outfitideas
Sometimes we crave the luxurious simplicity of a well designed, easy but slightly fancy tee. We want to wear it with our “nice” jeans and a pair of pumps or boots and hit the market, or go to the movies. We want a tee that’s nice enough to be seen by someone important to us we may happen to run into. This ‘Cap Sleeve Pocket Tee‘ from Three Dots fulfills these requirements exactly. Known for fine American luxury sportswear, Three Dots uses great materials and has classic cuts and designs. This cap sleeve tee is made of 100% raw silk and features a left front pocket, comes in a delicious mocha brown color, and is printed on top with a teal surf leopard print that’s classy and chic. The perfect tee for running into your ex-boyfriend in. #lucky #outfitideas
Although the brightly colored skinny jean is still “in” this season, the new trend is looser and more laid back. The silk wide-waisted, almost tapered leg pant is huge right now and looks terribly adult and sophisticated. We’re loving the ‘Solid Silk Pleated Pant‘ in marine blue from Tibi, available at Revolve Clothing. The 28″ inseam means you’ll have plenty of ankle room to show off a great pair of solid colored pumps or printed strappy sandal heels, and the 100% raw silk pants have a slight taper, moving from 16″ at the knee to 12″ at the ankle. With front pleating detail, front slit pockets, back flap pockets, and elasticized leg openings, these are serious fashion pants. We’d wear ours with a lightweight cropped graphic print tee and a white or black blazer, or a cropped pink mohair sweater. Perfect for work, a date, or a night out with friends. #lucky #outfitideas #trends
RED Valentino dress / Nina Ricci / Acne oversized top / Diane von Furstenberg / J.Crew short mini skirt / Current/Elliott boyfriend jeans / Marc by Marc Jacobs marc jacobs jewelry, $100 / DANNIJO / Kenneth Jay Lane swarovski crystal jewelry, $150 / B.F.T. by Barefoot Tess ‘Adelaide’ Slight Wedge (Blue Tapestry)
The B.F.T. by Barefoot Tess ‘Adelaide‘ is the perfect flat. A small covered wedge adds interest, and the slightly pointed toe and high cut vamp make it extremely flattering. My favorite color is this gorgeous, peacock/paisley tapestry print. The variety of colors it contains makes it fun and easy to pair with all different styles. Find your way to wear it and make it your own! #lucky #outfitideas
Having the perfect long sleeve tee is essential to every woman’s wardrobe, but finding the perfect tee is not an easy task. There are several components to take into consideration: the length of the sleeve, the quality and type of the fabric, where the tee hits at the hem, and the neckline. We’ve always considered Michael Stars to be our go-to shopping destination for tees of every variety, and the ‘Shine Long Sleeve Crew Neck Tee‘ is our absolute favorite. The sleeves are the perfect length; they hit below the wrist just enough to give that chic little bunched up look. The half cotton half nylon blend makes it ultra soft and far more comfortable and flattering than 100% cotton. It falls mid-hip and has a lovely, feminine, fitted silhouette that makes it ideal for wearing alone or for wearing under cardigans or sweater shrugs. Consider it the backbone of your layering set. #lucky #outfitideas
Some of you may remember from my last awards show post, I only post about the gowns I like; you’ll find no “worst dressed list” here. So, here’s my assessment:
1. My WINNER of Best-Dressed is Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan. Not only is Khan currently my favorite fancy-dress-designer-guy, but I love all shades of blue, I love sparkles, I love lace, I love exotic designs, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, long sleeves and the totally covered-up look. You have to be thin to pull it off, and right now, Richie seems to be at a good weight. She looks healthy and radiant, and I adore the look and styling from head to toe.
2. I’m adoring Lucy Liu in this graphic, light blue floral patterned ball gown by Carolina Herrera. It’s perfectly on trend for what’s hot in 2013 and she looks lovely. The styling is simple and elegant, and it’s very classic to me. I love the casual side fishtail braid, the small earrings, and the fitted bodice of this dress against the front pleated, pocketed, pouf skirt (you know me and pockets. I’m the pocket girl). Easy does it wins the race.
3. Kerry Washington blew my mind in this subtly flashy confection from Miu Miu. She’s usually a cut-outs and neon type of girl, and I’m really impressed with this selection. I love Miu Miu and this dress is just so very cool. I’m loving the current barely-there covered by embellishments trend, and this dress hits that trend on the mark perfectly. It’s simple and chic – something Zuhair Murad attempts and often fails by over embellishing (see everything Jennifer Lopez or Katy Perry have ever worn of Murad’s). Also, blush tones are so very NOW.
4. Kate Hudson is usually on my best-dressed list, so this is no surprise. She absolutely dazzles in this Alexander McQueen dress. Once again, I love long sleeves and a long skirt, but this dress has a sexy middle cut out (which is so very Kate) and is edged up by typically McQueen gold embellishments at the collar and belt. It’s boho and rock star at the same time, which is, well, who Kate Hudson IS!
5. Anne Hathaway may not be one of my favorites on the red carpet in general, and I really just detest this hair cut (I know, I know, Les Mis, I GET IT), but she absolutely hits the ball out of the park in this two-piece CHANEL wonderland of winter white. I’m blinded by how gorgeous this gown is. I would have loved to see a pop of color on her somewhere (I envision an amazing, chunky, ruby cuff bracelet), but hey, let Rachel Zoe do her thing. She has an idea of who she wants Hathaway to be, so fine. (But I would have gotten that darn huge ruby cuff on her).
6. Kristen Bell is so adorable pregnant, and dressing for an awards show whilst carrying a child must be a total nightmare. All that aside, she looks amazing in this ethereal Jenny Packham gown. I have a proclivity for intricate beading work at the collar and bodice, and I love the gently gray, purple, and mauve tone of this dress, so everything is working in tune for me here. She looks happy and beautiful.
Can’t wait to read what the “professionals” have to say about this year’s Globes fashion choices. Hope you’ve enjoyed my assessment! #lucky #trends
*all photos courtesy of PopSugar
We’ve been selling out of these quickly and are trying to restock as fast as we can, so some of the styles you see me wearing aren’t currently available, but they will be in the future. I adore the Na’Avah stretch bracelet collection, curated and hand made by Rachel Schlechter. They’re beautiful and easy to wear, and they add elegance to any casual outfit. I’d wear them with jeans and a cashmere sweater as quickly as I’d wear them with a floral dress and heels. Pick some up and check back with Barefoot Tess regularly for new selections as we restock. #lucky #trends
*all photos courtesy of Erin Clare Creative
I must admit, I like Olivia Palermo’s style. She’s rail thin, so of course everything looks amazing on her, but she has a nice way of putting things together so that each piece shines and nothing gets overshadowed. Piperlime has added her as a Style Editor (which I think was a good move, since Rachel Zoe is utterly predictable. Faux fur, high platforms, big sunglasses, done). While browsing Palermo’s “picks,” I came across this ‘Vegan Leather Chiffon Maxi Dress‘ by Sabine and was intrigued. I’ve never worn vegan leather myself, but I like the concept and I’ve heard it’s quite soft. Plus, I love the contrast of leather against chiffon and of black against bright, cobalt blue. The vegan leather bodice is super flattering and I adore the gentle pleats to the maxi skirt. All in all, this seems like a great dress to pair with simple, low-heeled, strappy pumps and a sparkly bracelet. #lucky #outfitideas